This fundraiser supports the Back to School Project's vision of sending all local children back to school with new clothing, shoes and backpacks while once again achieving our goal of building confidence and self-esteem in the less fortunate school-age children of our community.
To meet our funding goals, we have added this exciting annual event to our fundraising campaign. The Tehama County Ultimate Spelling Bee Challenge includes upper-grade students competing against adults in this hilarious event for prizes and bragging rights and at the same time improving and encouraging literacy awareness in our county.
The Ultimate Spelling Bee Challenge includes:
* 12 teams: 6 adult teams and 6 student teams. All teams are generously sponsored by
* Teams compete in 3- 1 minute, fast-paced rounds of spelling.
* Each round consists of 2 spellers, from the same team, working together to spell as
many words correctly as possible in 1 minute.
* The 2 teams spelling the most words correctly after the first 3 rounds will move on to the
final round for a chance at becoming Tehama County's Ultimate Spellers.
* Prizes are awarded for: best spellers, best costumes and the most enthusiastic team.
* Each student participant receives one free adult ticket for a parent/guardian.
* Team members receive Word Guides for study prior to the event.
Adult teams will represent the following areas: Law enforcement, social services, healthcare, non-profits, education and elected officials.
We will offer opportunities for all attendees to contribute through silent auctions, raffles, concession sales and more.
Become a sponsor! Buy your favorite letter for $100 and you will receive:
* Recognition on-site (alphabet displayed with your business name)
* Recognition in event program
* Recognition on website and on Facebook
* Post-event recognition
Celebrating 10 years, the Back to School Project has sent thousands of local children on a shopping trip to purchase new clothing, shoes and backpacks. We believe every child should return to school with pride, dignity and a feeling of self-worth.
For more information, contact Kim at (530) 736-1363 or email@example.com